On our way up we took the Parks Highway, the drive up was mostly good weather with a bit of showers thrown in. We got a rainbow at about 11:45 pm, pretty cool.
We arrived at Fairbanks, had a good night's sleep, and after a bit of sorting out decided to float the Upper Chena River.
We assembled gear at our friend Rose's house, Moose the dog helped out.
An aside, Fairbanks reminded Jes and I of the midwest. The houses and town was spread apart, the countryside was mainly rolling hills, and the weather was warm and a bit humid. The picture above is from the Hewitt homestead.
We packed up and headed out, stopping at the last place to get fuel (for a while I'm guessing).
Setting up at the river.
Good times.
We had great weather for the float, the Bismark and crew enjoying the day.
We got to one of our car drop-offs and switched up canoes. I rode in the front while Jeff and Jes did all the work. It was nice. Next up, Fairbanks: Part II, cheers.








No comments:
Post a Comment